There was a shooting at the Uber fort lauderdale on Friday, leaving several dead.
Authorities said the gunman, who appeared to act alone, is in custody.
Here is an update on what we know:
• Five people were killed and 13 wounded people were taken to hospital, Broward County Mayor Barbara Sharief to
• Several reports on social media – including a tweet from the former spokesman for the White House, Ari Fleischer – described the shooting.
Gene Messina told that he had arrived at the airport as people were evacuated from the terminal.
“I got off the plane and saw people running and screaming,” he said. “At first I was surprised, but when I saw the TSA agent I booked.”
Researchers are looking shooter’s motive, told Sharief. The researchers have not released their names or detailed events that led to the arrest.
Shooting at Terminal 2
• The shooting took place in Terminal 2 baggage area, officials said.
Part of the airport was transferred. aerial photographs of affiliate shows large groups of people outside the building on track.
• More than an hour after the shooting, authorities allowed people to return to the airport, but is still high voltage, told the witness.
“All sped off again. We’re back on track,” Judah said Fernandez, adding that it is not clear why people ran out.
• Investigators said they were looking into unconfirmed reports of shots fired in extra property Airport. TSA advises people at the airport to shelter in place.
The first call about the shooting came at 00:55 ET, said the office for Broward County Sheriff.
• Florida Governor Rick Scott went to airport fort lauderdale informed by law enforcement, said the office.
• ATF responded to the incident, the agency said, and the FBI is also in contact with local authorities.
Scheduled flights of Uber fort lauderdale
• Most of the flights scheduled to land at the airport will be delayed or diverted, said FAA. Fly in the air at 2:15, which is within 50 miles of the airport will be allowed to land, according to the agency.
In November 2016 almost 2.5 million passengers via the Uber fort lauderdale , according to a government report on the facilities.
• There are four terminals at the airport, who is ranked 21 in the US in terms of number of passengers.
• The airport serves around 30 airlines. Many passengers are using it because of Cruse Terminal convenience of nearby ships.